We look at the wealthiest Australian athletes in 2011, what sport they play and how their salary compares with the typical professional sportsmen in the same arena.
These richest sportsmen (and they are almost exclusively men) are at the very peak of their game and the money they command, excluding sponsorships and endorsements, will sure to have a lot of talented youngsters heading out to the garden or playing field for just a little bit more practice.
Embed This Infographic:
- The richest Australians - We profile some of the richest Australians. We look at what makes them tick. Where they come from and where they are going.
- How professional athletes manage their money - Living within your means is a whole new ball game when all of a sudden you’re rolling in cash.
- Club memberships how much you pay - As a nation, we are sports mad. As such, club memberships are as popular as ever but how much do you have to pay and what do you get for your money?
- Worth the gamble - Is it time to accept the commercialisation of sport as a sign of the world we live in? Or is it time for betting to take a spot on the bench?
- Show me the money - Who’s making the big bucks? Here are a few options for jobs that’ll have you on course for your first billion in no time.
- Who are the richest Australians - The BRW 2011 Book of Lists makes for interesting reading. We look at the top 200 richest Australians and the big hitters in sport and entertainment.